28 April 2012

don't pinch me

because if this is just a dream, I don't want to wake up.  For SO long I have hoped and prayed for the opportunity to travel somewhere on the continent of Africa.  Don't ask me why.  I don't have an answer.  It has just been in my heart for as long as I can remember.  And now it's happening.  I am going to Ghana.  In September, I am going to Ghana.

To be honest, I am really hesitant to admit that it actually is happening until I have a plane ticket or a visa or until I'm actually there.  There's a part of me that is still fully expecting these plans to fall through.  But the rest of me is so incredibly overjoyed at the opportunity and ready to hop on a plane now.  The nerd in me daydreams about reading some Maya Angelou to the kids and then teaching them how to look up words they don't know in a dictionary.  A little weird, I know.  I cannot wait to take pictures of everything and meet people and take pictures of them and ask them strange questions.  Because that's what I like to do.

Anyway, as of right now I know very little in the way of details.  What I do know is that I'll be in Ghana for about three and a half months, teaching in the mornings, spending time with my host family & with the community in the evenings, and loving the blessed adventures I'll be having.  Until I know more, I'll just keep repeating five words over and over and over.  (I am going to Ghana!)

No comments:

Post a Comment